Saturday, June 13, 2009

Too long together,,

"Too long together and even courtesy is gone.. people are more courteous to strangers than they are to their own wives and husbands. Two people tied to each other like hungry dogs fighting over every little scrap between them. Look at us, even us! You raised your voice to me! I didn't come into your life to make you angry. If you don't like me as I'm, just say so and I'm gone! Together too long, and it is chains and duties and responsibilities, no delights, no adventures, no thank you!"

- Richard Bach, The Bridge Across Forever.

4 comments:

Mahita said...

Hmmm... Richard Bach has scored a ton... :).. Bulls Eye... :)

Purnima said...

Sure?

Is it not this one person, who can take everything of us as it is? If a raised voice at a single instance can end things.. we'll have to act even with our people!

I somehow didn't like these lines.. I wanted them to keep feeding my thoughts, hence posted here.

Mahita said...

Hmm... Raising a voice at a stranger should be easier right? Why is it that the frustration is always on our near and dear ones? Why is it that we cannot mouth the words of thanks or sorry to the people who mean something to us, when it is easier to thank a shop fellow who helped us in finding a book, than to thank their family when they helped them find my lost footing? Wonder!!

మోహన said...

hmm.....

@Mahi
may be it is because we take loved ones [and their feelings for us] for granted. And it drives us crazy and makes us frustrated when things go otherwise.

@Puri..
I did like the lines but they are very contextual.