Monday, July 6, 2009

"Unbelievable" - Script by Roger Federer.

If last year's Wimbledon final was termed epic, I don't know what to call this year's. I should either be as tedious as the Star Sports commentators or stick with a single word, say Fed's "Unbelievable". Ask him his name tonight and he might end up saying, "My name.. aah.. Unbelievable Federer!"

Roger's the Champ! Roger's the No.1! Roger's the one who made history! Roger ROCKS!

But what a resurgent Roddick on Center Court today! He was immaculate until that very last moment and has thoroughly impressed me. If asked to introduce Roddick, I'd just say, "a super talent, except when against Fed." And today, he has proved that to be wrong. I knew all through the way, that if one is giving up tonight that would be Andy. What a show he has put up before messing it! I'm spell bound by his game.

Thankfully Fed had the last laugh! Being his fan, I'm all too tempted to see opponents going down without a fight. Being his fan, I love to see him dictating terms, make them play to his script. That said, there's altogether a different fun when people like Nadal or Roddick give him some tough competition. I'm mesmerized enough to regard him as "God!", but with these guys around he seems more human. He commits more errors getting the better of them. He trembles and fumbles, still holds his nerve. He goes through a sea of torment, remains cool and composed. He becomes vulnerable, yet he emerges victorious. He lets me celebrate the human spirit. He strengthens that spirit in me. What an inspiration he is!

Thank you Fed! Thank you Roddick! Keep rocking!

3 comments:

Arslan said...

Roger that!!

Srujana Ramanujan said...

This final will be remembered as the Roddick's greatest tribute to Roger Federer's creating history.

Had Rafa been there... ;-)

గీతాచార్య said...

He lets me celebrate the human spirit. He strengthens that spirit in me. What an inspiration he is!
*** *** ***

How beautifully u told us?

That's why he's Fed'Extraordinary'. :-)