Friday, July 31, 2009

The art of story telling..

There would be days when one doesn't want to stop talking. Occasionally, there would be days when one can't stand anyone who can talk.Problem with people like me who talk incessantly is our silence becomes noiser and unbearable than the talk. But many a times, there would be phases, where one doesn't want to take the onus of being active participant, but listen anything that's being said with utmost attention. It's like standing at the other end of the pitch and letting your partner do all the batting needed. You're around seemingly completing the needed formalities, though in reality you're actually essential to complete. 

In past few days, when I asked few friends of mine to tell me a story very casually, they took to the task and ended up with some amazing stuff. Knowing them, I was very sure of the time we were going to have. To my own surprise, these people have made stories on the spur of the moment with rib tickling comedy, which lets me forget that something inside me is aching. The bad listener that I'm, I keep poking them for details or clarifications and that is what actually makes them build the story. As S puts it, "The specialty of her story agency is that the stories are build from the questions posed."

I was bloody curious as to how these people would end their respective stories. S has taken a literal KJo kinda story to RGV's Sarkar range of end. It was a triangular love story, with the three involved having backdrops of regional divisions of Andhra Pradesh. V's story ended in the safest way as all fantasies would - by waking up!  I'm overwhelmed by the way these people managed to build a story with no prior thought.

Wish I could tell a story like that. Somehow, I end up being an awful story teller time and again! I can never properly tell a story. May be, I'll have to pull a leaf out of these amazing story tellers' books and try getting better at making stories and telling them.

Thank you, S and V! :) You guys rock! :P 

3 comments:

గీతాచార్య said...

Hahaha. You wrote one of the best stories I ever read, if I remember right.

గీతాచార్య said...

BTW the title is great. S, it's really an art

ప్రియ said...

In a composition class while I was in 7th class, my teacher said, "Story telling is an art." Hehehe.