Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Missing you, Randy!

That sounds awfully crazy to my own ears, but for the past few days, I've been missing Randy big way! It is such a weird feeling that I miss a person (yes, I'm missing him) whom I know only through a couple of youtube videos and a book. It gets extraordinarily ridiculous that I choose to miss him, despite having a chance to revisit the book or videos.

Still.. I miss him!And as when missing somebody, I want to recollect and memorize what he had to say and how I heard them all. That's the greatest part of missing, you don't simply miss them, you remind yourself of every single detail of them, dwell in those moments, revisit all those memories and relive the associated feelings, and it is then you miss them. Which is exactly my way with Randy too.

He taught me head fake. Or better put, he taught me that I've been through many a head fakes. Shrugging off modesty yes, I do have a sense of vanity that I hardly miss my lessons. I've an understanding of what I learn. But there were bigger lessons, that only he could teach me. They made sense only because they were from him.

He is full of cliches. "Cliche" - that's the word that's been  making rounds in my head, which also made me realize that I've been missing Randy. Cliches.. cliches!

Then he said so much about emotional insurance. He probably told to do that one's own people. I'm now struggling either to know who is "own" or how one should be "owned". I'm confused about my question too.

"Somehow, with the passage of time, and the deadlines that life imposes, surrendering became the right thing to do." - This was the quote that introduced Randy to me. What can be termed as the first sight! And the immediate reaction to it was, "Pathetic!". Somehow, I couldn't leave it there, the curiosity increased and I did get his point when I read through the book.


But I was introduced to another quote off late, "there is magic in fighting beyond endurance". I wanna choose between surrendering and fighting! How? Wish Randy was here. Probably, I don't miss him. I need him, may be!

"Live in the moment! Time is all you have. And you may find one day that you have less than you think." - I was okay with it so far. Now, looks like I've become much greedier with time. I don't want more of it, all I'm wanting is every moment blow up to seem like an eternity. It needn't be eternal, it just got to seem so. I want to get away from the knowledge that moment is momentary!

Amidst the chaos, I keep missing Randy though! For he is the one who lets me stick through it.

4 comments:

Mahita said...

The two quotes you wrote to being in the question:
endurance or compromise (surrender inevitably means compromise, right?)...
Well, good luck with figuring out the answer... ;)

S said...

i was reminded of randy seeing this post :)

Purnima said...

@Mahita: Endurance can also mean compromise! Case to case, you see! :)

D.S.Murty said...

moment is momentary...yes. and we need not put any special effort to get away from that knowledge.. our mind most of the times stays (or prefers to stay, despite the awareness) under the illusion that the time is unlimited.
Nice quotes. Thanks for introducing them here.
The more we think about them, the more we understand (and more confusion too... as our minds have some self-defence mechanism to keep us from changing.... :-))