Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On the Platform of life...

We four of us were like. what? Lemme think of a metaphor! Oh yeah.. were we not like passengers who arrived from different destinations, sharing a single railway platform and were heading towards different paths again? It was all so momentary meeting, so busy with our own lives and plans. Somehow we got held for a moment, a common cause or a common trouble, and then each of us were woven into the comfortable "WE"- we are now not individuals, but a group called friends. How we met holds such li'l importance, when actually realize how beautifully did we tread this path.

First Impressions:
Raghava was for me, "the Ctrl C+ Ctrl V" guy for me, in the nine months that we got along.
Vicki was always the gaming guy for me, so keen in mobile gaming, always associated with Priyanka.
Santosh, I' not sure if I really knew before actually getting along. But I know, you still remember me as the anti-killer instinct agent! :-)


The Start of Our Journey:
The first 6 months never gave us any opportunity to mingle and we would have remained so, if things have worked smoothly for us. It was not that the sky was coming down on us, but true: we did worry / fumble / ran around wondering where we were heading towards. It was as if we were standing on a hill-top on a foggy night that we couldn't see our own near feature. We were blinded in most senses, in knowing what we are landing on. And the common pain, held us together. Well, should I call it pain still?

Inspirations:
"Blinded" reminds me something of Vicki.. his philosophy was best suited for darkness. (Right? Vicki). "cheekaTlo baanaM" or the "andheri mein teer" or "shoot in the darkness" attitude, which may not allow you plan and execute perfectly, still makes sure you atleast give a try with bare minimum inputs. Thanks for the input, Vicki! It does help, at times.

Then we came together for a common cause, we wanted to take care of our own destinies though we were flunking despite trying best. Remember Raghava, the guy who asked you to pay to work for him? Santosh, you're struggling to get into what you like? You and vicki, in that company? Haa.. that makes some interesting part of a story.. right?

It's WE:
Don't know if you remember this story of Pankaj Sir: "Once in a meeting, the chairperson announced "So, here we have 30 years of experience over here" and everyone looked startled as the most experienced among them was only with the industry for 10 yrs. The chairperson calmly continued, I'm talking as a group, aren't we 30 together!" That holds true for us as well. Three years together, each of us had a unique journey, very special in most senses, yet we are for each other. What amazes me is "your experience" has been "our experience" for each one of us!

Friends are so important in our lives, but yet they are so limited; limited by time, by space, by ambitions, by plans. What enthralls me is not that we have got together, but how we remain together challenging the limitations. How much do we long to see each other, talk to each other and how we convert every single chance into a possible chat / talk / meet. That amazes me and all of a sudden I feel I'm lucky!

Raghava, you asked me to put us in words. And I've decided, lemme be very straight with it.. like an open talk. Still there is so much to talk about, so much to linger upon, many a moments to cherish. Those waits in the classes, those "working without work" days, those talks, those funny moments, those drooping shoulders, those subtle fears, those yahoo conferences, those attempts to combinely do something, those steps of idealabs, where we hang around.. those good old days.  

Actually those good old days are inspring me to live this moment, at its best and giving a hope that everything that's coming our way is just better! (Santosh.. your funda, in my words! :-))

Wish my words had the same magic, as we had togther - the magic life brought us and the magic we bestowed on life. Have a blast.. life's waiting for us.

(I'm waiting to see a response from you guys, make some time for it :-))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well who else can better express this. puri u rock. well for me our four friendship is one of rare piece of art which did not take years years to be build. And i am sure its the most valuable thing we have.

Anonymous said...

I had a chance to meet these wonderful three because of a great Entrepreneur Pankaj Diwan. Thanks to him. Will talk about this awesome mentor a little later.

As the days of Engineering came to an end these engineers had to establish them selves in this competitive world. What to do ? NO Further Education and No US Please !!! What to do ? JOB.

All four of us enjoyed this moments. "APPLY APPLY NO REPLY" we used to laugh . Even if one had a interview, Others helped. Once the same is over we would discuss in detail.

Finally all of us got in to very good positions now after 3 years.

Actually purnima asked for a comment and i have started blogging :)

Purnima Thanks for putting a drop from the ocean our Friendship in this blog.

May God Bless our friendship and evil stay away.

Mahita said...

I do not know if I am allowed to comment in the most intimate blog i have seen from u puri, but u know me, give me friends and u give me a life and i cannot run away from it with out sharing and appreciating it.

Good luck to u people ...

Vikram, Raghava, Dantosh.. I have heard so much about you people from her...:)...

Wish u all luck in ur endeavours and bless ur frenship to stay strong through the trying times...

Unknown said...

Puri:Well, should I call it pain still?
Hey my sweet little girl, Please dont call it just a pain, instead as a good pain which made us four to become pillars for our unforgetfull friendship. I want to thank that good pain. I agree to Raghava for what he said and want to thank Pankaj Sir, whose idea made us to meet and feel the good pain together, without which i feel we would not have become the pillars.

Thanks to you Raghava for requesting Puri to have a blog on these four pillars which we didnt even know where the our individual destinations were but still were travelling in the same breath of hope, struggle with our hands in each others hand.

Thanks to Puri to make refresh my old good pain which will always make us remember from which stand point we started and raised to what heights.

Thanks to Vicky, the person who made me feel for whole one year that Raghava and Puri are no where else but are reflecting in both of us in our journey.

Thanks to Mahita for giving me a new name "Dantosh", might be mistakenly (S and D reside in beside houses on the keyboard), but phir bhi acha hai na, good name.

Hey guys happy to see our friendship in Puri's words, Keep going