Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh.. these farewells!

Just got started with "Catcher in the Rye" by Salinger and was pondering on the following text.

..I was trying to feel some kind of a good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good by, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse.

For the past three years, I've been so busy bidding adieus. Many walked in and walked out. I wish they just did that in and out business and never left such indelible impressions, that made farewells, a lot tougher. To reflect on the past three years and capture them in the words, would be a real tough task! Anyway, lemme keep this post about not individuals, but about the business of doing so.

Farewell, is the most inevitable, yet so tough to handle. Sometimes, I tend to feel that, let there not be any farewells at all. We never celebrate someone walking into our lives, we even don't know when they have walked and when did they become that significant for us; we never really plan and celebrate the moments we have together. It's more or less, like getting along the tide. Then why farewells?

But yeah, the above text has sense in it! Good or bad, it helps to know that you are parting away. Hopeful or hopeless about meeting again, you're sure of that this has come to an end. You most probably would meet again, and start again, but this particular thing has now no future. And having a sense of that, though awful, is a must.

PARTING AND MEETING ARE THE WAYS OF LIFE!

No comments: