Thursday, May 28, 2009

25 Random Things about me!

I've been tagged. That is not why this post is here. It's here because, it accomplishes what I really want at this moment, scare as many as people as possible in a single go. The dare devil, that I'm!


  1. I'm liked and disliked with the same intensity, for very same reasons. I anyway, keep doing what I feel like.
  2. This would be a shocker to most of you reading, I don't enjoy chatting ( you got to believe me), talking on phones, "sms"ing and all other electronic ways of communication, as much as I love writing letters on paper. Oh yes, you can call me ancient, call me archaic.
  3. I oversleep. That's why, occasionally you'll find me sane, talking sense and behaving well.
  4. I can irk anybody of whatever tolerance levels, with my irregular eating habits. Always over ambitious with food, I never ever complete meals, at any given part of the day. When George Bush had that comment relating to food and Indian middle class, the joke in office was, "Bush might have watched Purnima having lunch." Notorious!
  5. I'm in love 24 / 7. ( Thankfully, not with "the-husband-material".) Rain is the most sorted out, nothing like drenching in it. Apart from rain, the moon (on any day, in any shape), the sky (especially clouds during day) and tides can have my attention undivided.
  6. I breathe! I think!!
  7. Books are to me, what sleep is. Willingly surrendering to swarm of thoughts, lose the conscious of the real world and ramble in worlds / words unknown is great fun.
  8. I eat cricket. I drink cricket. I sleep Cricket! Without cricket, my childhood and teenage would be at lose of many magic moments.
  9. Though I follow many a sports, being a born couch potato, never inclined on playing any. Deciding to try my hand at TT exemplifies this: "you don't even try to stand up because you believe you're lame. And when there's a fire around, you start running."
  10. I lose my temper quite quickly. What's worse, I'll do nothing to shorten that anger or anything to that effect. That makes it very tough to handle me in such situations. Bottom line: Be kind, nice and generous to me. Or else, you'll be in for some serious trouble.
  11. Every single time, I happen to realize that I've been bonding well with somebody to be named as "FRIEND", I'm kind of startled on how did it happened. Deep inside, I have this ridiculous feeling that I've reached the limit of making friends (as if, there is one!) and none further can get that comfortable with me. Probably, this is one of the reasons, why people find it tough to transit from being an acquaintance to becoming my friend.
  12. I LOVE WORDS! Spoken aloud, whispered, overheard, hand written, printed, said, unsaid - whichever form they are, I'm obsessed with words.
  13. I laugh, sometimes irrepressibly, which causes immense trouble to people around me. But my team happened to use me to good effect, when they planned a comedy skit. All through the rehearsals, I was used as catalyst to make the naive actors get used to audience response.
  14. As years are passing and memories withering, seems like all my schoolmates and college mates have one way of tracking me down their memory lane, "Oh.. that first bench, very studious and pet-of-many-a-teachers' gal!" That comes as no surprise, for anyone who shared their class room with me. But, it was an overwhelming surprise when my manager, after reviewing my first task had this to say: "You should have been that first bench student, who take loads of notes for every lecture. Am I right?"
  15. "I'm a very good gal, said me all teachers" is what I can certainly boast of, but I've the other side too. I used to bunk classes all through college life (being a first bench student). And I do, whatever it takes to stop a lecturer from giving endless class. After all, there should be some advantage of being pet student, right? To date, I continue it.
  16. I've a bloody honest face, which leaves me with no chance to bluff. Gets me into awkward situations at time, but also saves me from people whose company I don't enjoy, without having to say a word.
  17. I'm idling away - I drink water. I'm caught up in a mess - I drink water. I have loads of work - I drink water. I'm restless - I drink water. I'm rejoicing - I drink water. Infact, I'm drinking water as I type this.
  18. Being extremely sensitive to any kind of expletives in any language, I get very particular about the language used for day-to-day communication. Well, if you want to hurt or to be hurt, I can guide you through the non-abusive language. It works wonder, trust me.
  19. My mood swings are too much to handle for anybody, except me.
  20. I'm fond of voices. Be it the presenters in Vividh Bharathi or commentators for sports or anybody, nothing fascinates like their voices.
  21. A sweet smile and a perfect nod of the head, may lull you to believe that I'm going to follow or agree with whatever you said. But that can only be few times, you'll know it sooner rather than later.
  22. I'm a Limited Pessimist. The meaning behind the choice of words is that I've to make plan b, even if my plan a is foolproof. Otherwise put, while hoping for the best, I still keep preparing for the worst.
  23. Two unaccomplished dreams for this life: 1) To fall flat on ground and start crying after hitting the winning shot at Wimbledon. 2) To sing in front of packed audience, and move them to tears. ( C'mon, you got to, thank God now!)
  24. I hate my name. Funny part is, I can't shun it now. Too long, together!
  25. One of the most embarrassing facts about me, I might be soon filed with charges of nuisance case, by any of these guys, whose gals get to share most of their day with me. Gals can't stop talking about me, and guys can't help the "puri-puri" chatter.
Well, I should be stopping here. But, I generally find people having this misconception about me that I'm very modest. NO! I'm not. This is the eternal truth about me. I love compliments, in all forms. So, make sure you leave a comment here. (I'll help you commenting, all you got to do is think (really) hard and write few good things about me. FYI.. this is called as the-art-of-fishing-for-compliments.)

14 comments:

Su.. said...

U need to correct the 15th point… u neither know the spelling of bunking nor do you know the art of doing such a good thing :p…

The 20th point actually says “U LISTEN TO RADIO”… still????? OMG!!!...

It was quite funny to read the 23rd point and remember the 8th point. You were supposed to hit a cricket ball right? …

21st point – I need to be very very careful now…

Nice blog… Keep blogging puri puri chatter……

కాలనేమి said...

18. I need a crash course. You fix the date :)

19. True of ALL women (well, at least the two that I know) :P

24. Why, I think you have a beautiful name!

Purnima said...

Su..

I was very regular to school, so your friend doesn't know my skills at bunking. People from both my colleges remember me only for my bunking skills. :P

Yes, I listen to radio.

Weird it may sound, I never ever wanted to play cricket.

C'mon, you know it better that I can't stop the chatter. :)

Yogi: hahahhaha @ crash course.

HAHHAHAHAHA @ 19th point. We do scare you guys, don't we? :P

Hmmm.. I really don't like my name. :(

Mahita said...

Hmmm, rather funny... and a volley of words too...
May be another random thing should have been that u cook and u cook delectably well. :)...
And unsure about singing and moving the audience, but I can say that u can move any audience by your words, written and verbal :).

Like and dislike - I cannot imagine a reason why anyone would want to dislike you!

S said...

you can still fulfill that desire of "To sing in front of packed audience, and move them to tears."
- if only u understand what I am going to say ;) A desire such as that can be fulfilled in multiple ways...its that flexible.

మేధ said...

except that 9, 23 and 24 i am also on the same boat!
9 - I love playing games!
23 - unlike 2, i have so many wildest and un-accomplished dreams!
24 - I love my name like anything!!

Kathi Mahesh Kumar said...

These are not random thoughts,but life defining moments of self realization and self actualization.

I need to do some things of this kind in these days....

Anonymous said...

:)

Nagaraju Pappu said...

"..as much as I love writing letters on paper"
I didn't receive any? Do you want some envelopes and stamps? :-)

"Bottom line: Be kind, nice and generous to me."

I like to be on "top" of things you know. So, what is your top line?

"To sing in front of packed audience, and move them to tears."

This is the easy bit, if you are not particular that the tears must be tears of joy and ecstasy. ( With my singing, I can drown the entire world in tears of pain and torture!)

Unknown said...

Radha Kirishna here.
U can still hit a Winning TT shot and cry by lying on the ground. dont know abt ur dream, but u wud be day dreaming next day in Vizag i guess. all in all a great Post.

మోహన said...

How come you did not mention anything about your patience levels? :)

Now, I know one thing. 25 points is too less to tell about you. :P

Purnima said...

Mahita: Let's make that:

"that u used to cook and cook delectably well. :)..." :P

S: joys of ecstasy! Even otherwise, I can't sing! I fear myself! :(

Medha: :)

Mahesh: :)

Anonymous: :|

Purnima said...

@Nagaraju Pappu: Your address too, along with stamps and envelopes. :P

Top line: If you can ignore and go on, please do.. :)

No, I can't sing! Just can't!

Radha: Hitting TT shot and laughing out my heart. You're eye-witness to it. :) Dreaming part is always okay with me.

Mohana: Spot on, gal! 25 things are way too less to reveal me. Any attempt to reveal is actually to conceal a lot many other things. :P

Srividya said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
gr8 tht u captured ur random thoughts
and knew abt u...
I am always a puzzle for me :)