Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thank you. Miss you. Love you.

People come. And then, people go. That's the surest part, the-going-away part. Celebrate people as and when they happen to you, because for all you know, they might not be around any longer.

Rahul bid good-bye to international cricket today. What does that mean to me?

Remember The Picture Of Dorian Gray? Today, my hair turns a bit gray and face has few wrinkles. I've grown old, irreversibly that too, with his retirement. The huge chapter of admiration and adulation that ran across my teenage and youth, came to an end. There will be no new additions to the numerous stories I weaved out of his mere presence. The star I kept gazing at in bored hours and kept praying to in moments of desperation, has gone out of my horizon, once for all!

But hey.. I'm the winner here. I've loads and loads of goods to carry home. A wealth that has escaped from memory cells to find a deeper suitable seat for a life long stay.

Thanks Rahul for being around and for what you're. And yeah, love you!


No comments: