Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Truly Special Day..

No.. it's not my b'day! I wasn't promoted, nor I met a dream hero or any such stuff. This day has been truly special, yet so simple. I knew one event was awaiting me, and I kind of had mixed feeling for it, partly confident and partly perplexed, overall excited. But everything else contributed it to be special.

Got up late ( nothing unusual after a very late night), with dozy eyes started reading a mail. I could hardly see the font, but the "feel" was getting in. Yeah, I get to know, when people praise. Someone appreciated me in such affectionate terms that swept me. It wasn't praise, but the manner in which it was put, that left me "singing and swinging". Nothing till I reached office, actually nothing until the lunch hour. Was packed with work all through the day. Still could manage to play the game. What I really liked about my game today was that I completed dominated. I exactly knew what was I doing and why. It gives you immense pleasure, when you know your play, the ball landing with the spin to your liking, the part of the court you intended for its landing and just with the right speed. It's wow..I loved it. Good thing was that I continued the same form ( I know, big words ;-)) all through the day. The kind of kick it gives is a feeling out of earth, at least for me.

Amidst the chaos at the workplace, I could manage to answer "ledu.. ceppu" to the usual "busy?" question in gtalk. Was assuming that the talk would help him, but in the end realized, it helped me to find out an answer to one of the simple questions, why I read books. I gave top four reasons, and I loved them, each of them. After all, they are the friends I resort to. 

While waiting for the moment that would have termed this day as special, I sneaked in some time to have a chat with a colleague, sitting in a cozy sofa. Loved every bit of it, retrospecting a good deal of people I met and the impacts, about how I talk and why I don't. Finally the moment arrived, shook hands with the first eye contact while the words "Hi.. This is Purnima" was reaching the other end. Then the momentary decision to hang out was made in no time. Had a lovely dinner and came back home.

Was all overwhelmed by the rendezvous, that I wanna it to be in words. But, the day still isn't over! Had a surprise call that led me saunter on the terrace, late in night and talk, laugh, talk and laugh. So much of laugh that the throat has to be cleared more often than not. A hearty conversation, that makes me amuse, wonder and what not!

So.. that was the summary of a truly special day. And I'm least hesitant to appreciate myself for this special day, while thanking all the people who came my way and made these moments. Were you thinking of a word called "modesty" and me together?! Ahem!! ;-)

Btw, end of the day the conclusion is.. I'm a typical hyderabadi! :-))

4 comments:

Mahita said...

u have been tagged puri:

http://daily-sunshine.blogspot.com/2008/11/tag-i-me-and-myself-past-present-and.html

Dreamer said...

Seriously, you're becoming a puzzle to me :P

Purnima said...

@Motorolan:

That made me feel special! ;-)

Anonymous said...

really some exercise to our
brains dear!