Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life long deal.. for the first time ever.

Freaking out has always been my pastime. I freak out if there's nothing to freak out. I freak out that I'm not freaking out enough. The actual point to be made in this post, has nothing to do with freaking out, but still..

Now, I freak out when people come up with life long deals. Say, if a salesman is trying to sell me something on the basis of "Life Long Guarantee.", I'd bombard him with questions like, "Whose life does that Life refer to?", "Mine?", "Yours?", "The product's?", "The manufacturer's?", "The re-seller's?", "Whose bloody life is it, anyway?" If he doesn't freak out listening to this, I freak out because I wasn't able to freak him out enough.

Similar episode happens when somebody comes up with the theory of "Friend for Life." I freak out, because it scares me to death.. yes, death. What if I'm dying? Am I not breaking the bond? If not, why do you wanna term it using the word Life?

I'm a person in hurry. See me eat, talk, walk, work, read, worry - you'd know, I'm hurry! When I've chosen to read a book, I'm in hurry to complete it. Not finishing it off, is my way of insulting it. For me everything is like an ice cream, I gotta relish, lest it melts.

I've been reading Catch 22 for the past few months, yet lingering in page 130 or so. For the first time ever, I don't feel like rushing through..I don't want to finish it, I don't want it to finish. I act like a kindergarten - alright, pre-primary 1- kid who worries about the chocolate getting over. Catch 22 is the book, which is mirroring the greed in me. And yes, I took a liking to that image of mine in the mirror.

For a 4-line content, I gave 4-para introduction. If you're the one to worry about e-waste, please freak out.


It's time that my online book racks have two new shelves: Books-that-read-me and Makes-me-greedy-books.

No comments: