Friday, August 14, 2009

Blogs as means of personal communication..

I don't understand at times if the problem is with me or the world. Like I don't enjoy nonsensical craps under the name of blockbusters, I don't enjoy many more things. Off late, there's one thing that's pricking me. Using blogs as means of personal communication.

What to blog? - I've some very rigid thoughts on this and those were worked out even before starting a blog of my own. It's been two years associated actively with this virtual word and I still stick to my opinions on what is to be blogged.

Through blog, you're certainly reaching out to the world. The world that you know it existed, but that you've never seen. But I don't understand the need why one has to rely on blogs to communicate to their own set of people. People say there is so much pain inside that unless it finds a way out they can't remain sane. And by pouring that out, there are emphatically showing their insanity.

You and your best friend are on talking terms. Everything personal between you both shouldn't see the light of the world.

You and your best friend had a spat and not communicating the way you do, then all the follow up acts should be done on one-on-one level. The world needn't be witness for your spat or after-effects.

You and your best friend had serious issues and parted with one another. There it ends. You pine, you ache! But don't blog all that in the expectation that you'll be read, understood and befriended again!

I wonder, if blogs can fair as a good means of communication. They become pathetic when it comes to the personal stuff. Blogs could at the most be those hapless mediators between two people who are swearing to kill each other. Blogs aren't diaries to speak out the most secret of emotions. Attempting to be understood or sympathized or empathized - seems to be the most pathetic stage a person can go through. I hate it. I pity it.


(If you can't have a proper control over your tongue to make sense, please refrain from commenting here.)

4 comments:

D.S.Murty said...

I do understand it. I consider the blogs are just a mean to vent out our feelings towards certain social issues..to share them..to view them and show them to others in a different perspective..and finally to vent out our urge to share our feelings with others.
But, now it gradually became a "social enginnering"...and facebooks or twitters jamming the virtual world.
The act of blogging should be with a detachment, that should be followed with a religious ardour. As Lord krishna says ..'like a water drop on a lotus leaf'. I never expect any reciprocation, though i feel extremely happy if i get a response (ofcourse, my posts have virtually no readers, and i donot post any extraordinary things other than some interesting mails i receive...!). I feel happy if someone empathises taking off some burden..but i never land up in a pitiful situation of depending on such 'external' empathy or sympathy. We should develop an inbuilt mechanism to help us and to guide us.
If we understand 'OURSELF' thoroughly, we never crave for others to understand us.
The blog or writing per se is a way to understand ourselves. and to tell others about it if possible ..about the lessons we learnt..about the failures we come across...remotely hoping that someone will read it. and take some lesson from it so that they can avoid commiting such mistakes.
Why so many copies of 'My experiments with the truth' by Gandhiji were sold. it is not a fiction. It is life..with honest expresion.

The good thing about the blog is , we have some command over the comments or the blog post itself. The luxary which Gandhiji did not have.

I do browse alot when im free. I smile when i see some other bloggers.. with silly posts and tens of equally silly comments that follow. For them it is a different kind of enjoyment. I wish i am wrong because, what i consider 'silly' may be precious for others, atleast for the blogger and its commenters.

Of all,
I find your blog very interesting and inspiring , with mature ideas and idealistic undercurrent.
You please continue to follow what you beleive.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY..!

Independence from atleast some dependencies of our emotions, if we really honest to explore them.
Independence from the trauma of sympathy-seeking.
Independence from the selfpity and imaginations that 'we ONLY are good people on earth' and something really bad happens to us only.
And
Independence from the pain inflicted by the friends...or the foes.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY...!

మోహన said...

Looks like this is your personal opinion :P

Purnima said...

@Mohana: Of course, it's my personal opinion. :P

S said...

Right to opinion! :)