Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My first ever Haiku (??) :P

Penned the following and want it to call a haiku, quite desparately.

"Die"logues
Offed Monologues
Graveyard Silence

Hmm.. but for obvious reasons this can't be a haiku. The quick reasons for that are:
1) Haikus supposedly picture the nature and set off the emotions involved in it. Whereas what I've used is an individual experience rather than a universal portrait.
2) I'm not very sure if experiments like "die"logues are allowed.

Just as a broken sentence doesn't make a poem, a few worded three liner isn't a haiku. Nevertheless, for anyone who have been there would know what I meant in those three lines. For the rest, my best wishes that you'd never be there. :-)
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haiku or no haiku, as long as u *express* things.... :)

oremuna said...

Trasnlate to Telugu please ...